Thursday, September 9, 2010

Back to School!?

Don't worry, this blog post is not me saying that going back to school is cute (except for all the first day outfits, of course!). Yesterday, in a sort of 'get to know each other' activity, a question asked, "What are two things you are good at?" Since I find it odd to write things like that, 'cause no one wants to seem brag-gy, right?.... I asked my friend what she thought I should write and her response: "OH! Painting your nails!" So here we are. (Sorry for the kinda unnecessarily long intro!)

The inspiration is from xSparkage... I shouldn't say inspiration because it's basically the same exact thing buuuuut.... oh well! She used Essie's Turquoise and Caicos and I'm guessing a white nail pen. I, on the other hand, used Sally Hanson's Insta-Dry Fast Nail Color in Mint Sprint and a light blue Avon color in Vintage Blue (similar to the Sephora by OPI color Havana Nights). My version is a touch cheaper.

Anyway, I only wanted to share because of how adorable this is and I have a little trick! Sometimes, using toothpicks to make precise lines and designs works out fabulously, but sometimes, you just end up in a frustrated mess. Well I think I have found a solution to this problem! Instead of going out and buying a new fine-ish tipped nail pen in every color you need, just get one! I recommend getting a basic color, probably white, because black may be a little dark for this. For whatever reason, I have a gold nail pen, so that's what I used.


This is super easy:
  • just take your nail pen
  • wipe off the excess around the brush with a tissue/paper towel
  • pick whatever nail polish color you want
  • put a little on a paper plate, some sort of palette, maybe? or i just used an upside down bathroom dixie cup
  • dip the pen into the color
  • start goin' to town!
It's so simple, easy, and adorable!  If you're not good doing precise things with your not prominent hand, just ask someone to help you out! If it would be easier for me to show you in a short little video tutorial, comment and let me know!
Thanks for reading and hope everybody is having a great week back at school!


Check out xSparkage on YouTube! She's amazing! Or read her blog!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lizzie!!! I love your nails...and your blog!
    <3 Mrs. Pelone

    ReplyDelete